IBEW Local 76
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 76

  • July 18, 2024
    << July 2024 >>
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31
    Weather Report
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds
  • New ID Requirements for JBLM
    Updated On: May 21, 2018

    ID Requirements for Unescorted Access to Joint Base

    Lewis-McChord Change for non-DoD visitors

     JOINT BASE LEWIS-McCHORD, Wash. – A standard Washington State Driver License or ID Card can no longer be used to get a visitor’s pass for access to Joint Base Lewis-McChord or the Yakima Training Center starting April 1, because neither complies with Real ID Act of 2005 requirements.

    Washington is one of five states (along with Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri and New Mexico) that do not comply with this law. Although the law went into effect in 2005, implementing its requirements for JBLM access have been delayed until now.

    This change affects companies with employees who need unescorted access to JBLM or YTC. It also impacts people who need visitor passes for unescorted base access to visit friends, family, the museums, hospital or other locations on either JBLM or YTC.

    Washington State Enhanced Driver’s Licenses and IDs are Real ID Act compliant, so either can be used to prove identity. Visitors with this ID must still go to the Visitor Center to get a base pass.

    People without a Washington State Enhanced Driver’s License or ID must provide one of the following forms of ID to get a base pass:

    • U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card

    • Permanent resident card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form I-551)

    • Foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 with printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa

    • Foreign passport with a current arrival-departure record or foreign passport with INS Form I-94/I- 94A bearing the same names as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status, if that status authorizes the alien to work for an employer

    • Employment authorization document that contains a photograph (INS Form I-776)

    • Driver license or identification card issued by a State or outlying U.S. possession that is Real ID compliant. For Washington and Minnesota this is the Enhanced Driver License or Enhanced ID

    • JBLM-issued Rapid Gate Identification

    • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card or Transportation Worker ID Card issued by DHS

    • Native American tribal document

    • U.S. Government issued, authenticated Federal PIV credentials

    • For anyone under 18, a school ID card that contains a photo

    Visitors with visitor pass questions should call the JBLM Lewis Main Visitor Center at (253) 967-4794, JBLM McChord Field Visitor Center at (253) 982-2588, or YTC Police Desk at (509) 577-3236.

    For more information about the Real ID Act visit the Department of Homeland Security Website at www.DHS.gov.


  • IBEW Local 76

    Copyright © 2024.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

    533050 hits since Oct 13, 2020

  • Top of Page image